Friday, February 19, 2016

Spinsterhood


I am now 30 years old and have decided I am a spinster and I like it. ZuZu is not quite 4 months and can now officially roll over, as long as there is visible treat incentive. She is delicious.


Picture
Wood Shock
We had our fist wedding of the season. A small gathering of no more than 50 people in the Cyclorama on a Valentine's Day afternoon. It was so sweet. The brides were glowing and everyone was happy. We don't have another wedding until May, so for now it is concerts, exhibit receptions, and fundraisers on the horizon.

Specifically tonight we have the exhibit reception for Bryan Christianson's Wood Shock. He makes sculptures out of furniture. Very impressive.

Next Friday we are featuring Matuto, a Brazillian-Americana fusion band. I am looking forward to this concert, they seem great.

The powers that be have hired a new Customer Experience Coordinator. She will start (hopefully) next week. I am excited to meet her and really hope we work well together since our positions are very intertwined. I feel good about it. I get along with most people and feel like if I can turn 30, I can certainly do this.
Picture
Matuto

Looking further ahead, we have a corporate rental annual meeting whose coordinator is a little slow at getting back to me. Luckily they have had their event here for a few years so I have the notes on previous years for reference.

I am still booking wedding inquiry meetings for 2016 and am hoping to reach the magic number 15 for this years wedding total. I have 13 booked right now.

Wish me luck on tonight's reception! For most things I just double and triple check everything is perfect, but for the sound system in the galleries, I can set it perfectly and then I pray the old girl hold together.

No comments:

Post a Comment