Monday, February 1, 2016

February

Joel Guptill
So Friday night ended up going ok. There were a few hiccups. 2 volunteers ended up getting sick and not coming in and a front desk worker was late. Another volunteer scheduled to bar tend was scheduled at the wrong time. All of these things combined resulted in 2 people putting together the bar with no experience and a few hectic minutes. Dylan stepped up and other staff members made it work. Its funny how some things can seem desperate one minute and then later you realized that maybe the bar was 5 minutes late going up and really nothing else was effected. The most important part was over 300 people came to the Dahl to enjoy art, music, cheese, and wine. I call it a success. The Emerging Artist Showcase was fun to be a part of and see these performers swallow their fear and get on the big stage and rock it.

Training a service dog is not something I have experience with. We are working it out as we go. I am hoping to take a basic manners class in the next month or two, but in the mean time we are working.

skill
level
sit
proficient
lay down
beginner
stay
struggles
leave it
beginner
come
struggles

She is all in all a very good girl. She comes to work with me most days and rarely causes a disruption. I just know that she will continue to excel and  grown and learn.  I can see it in her eyes. Her creppy human beautiful eyes that caught me by surprise. 

February is my favorite month. My birthday is coming right up, my two best friends' birthdays are this month. I love chocolate. Winter is winding down. It is short. So Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment