Wednesday, April 13, 2016

OMG April

Where have I been? I have been at work. I thought this was the slow time of the year. I have been so many events, I completely missed March! I assume it happened, but I didn't really notice it. And now we are halfway into April. April means more events and my sister's 16th birthday!
So what you missed: The new Customer Experience Coordinator, Court (not her real name), was hired! I had the flu. The honest to bedrest, FLU! As a result, I missed most of the Matuto concert. I did go in and make sure everything was set up and then I went home to bed. So I heard a little sound check and they seemed great! The corporate party went very well and I think they will book for next year. Then we had a baby shower for a couple of kids that looked a little deer-in-the-headlights followed by a few meetings. My one year anniversary meant it was time for the annual Black Hills FlyFisher's auction. I LOVE this event, maybe its because it was my first event, but I think it has more to do with the people. They are so funny and easygoing and they drink, a lot. My dad came and bar-tended for me, which was really fun as well. Another baby shower with someone who seemed a little better prepared. Court had her first experience with an exhibit reception, with Dahl Mountain Photo. The next one she will do (mostly) on her own. That was a long weekend for me with the exhibit reception on Friday, World Water Day on Saturday, and Art Legacy Project on Sunday. We hgad the final Downtown Master Plan open house over 2 days and had what may be the busiest tuesday ever with 3 events happening at once. Art Alley reception in the Cyclorama to celebrate/discuss the new permit system, American Landscape Architects in the event center talking about parks and showing a film, and the mini-masters reception in the cultural cafe for the preschool art show. Art Alley is this great place downtown where artists use the ugly side of buildings in the alley to make beautiful and important art. Unfortunately it has become also a place for artless tagging and random curse scrawls, so the city was going to shut it down. However a compromise was reached and the Rapid City Arts Council is stepping in to handle a permit system. Not everyone's favorite solution, but a necessary one. While the Landscape Architects showed the film, 10 Parks That Changed America, I was able to sneak over to check out the Mini Masters show

No comments:

Post a Comment